DLH, a provider of innovative healthcare services and solutions to Federal agencies, is seeking an experienced Clinical Services Manager in support of the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Health Services Corp (IHSC). DLH is in an active bidding process for this contract; therefore, this position is contingent upon award.
MISSION : IHSC's mission is to provide medical care to maintain the health of individuals in the custody of ICE through an integrated health care delivery system, based on nationally recognized correctional, detention and residential health care standards. The Agency is committed to providing healthcare services to protect the nation's health reduce global disease and provide medical support for the law enforcement mission of the safe apprehension, enforcement, and removal of detained individuals involved in immigration proceedings. IHSC is committed to ensuring a system of care that is ethical, responsible, and accountable through rigorous surveillance and monitoring activities.
- Serves as the on-site medical authority within the scope of services provided by IHSC.
- Clinical supervisory authority over mid-level providers as well as the nursing staff and pharmacy.
- Responsible for developing and coordinating all aspects of health care delivery at his/her assigned facility.
- Provides direct care to patients within discipline Scope of Practice and performs functions in accordance with current accepted practice, licensure, certification, credential ing and or granted privileges.
- Assures appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic tests and services are available, utilized and monitored.
- Acts as initial reviewer for all outside referrals/consults to specialty services not offered
- Seeks guidance from the IHSC Medical Director, Associate Medical Director, Regional
- Clinical Directors or other IHSC senior leadership as appropriate.
- Serves as chairperson of local performance improvement and pharmacy and therapeutics committee
- Maintains patient confidentiality, and confidentiality of medical records, in compliance with the Privacy Act and HIPAA regulations in all work activities.
- Adheres to, and maintains awareness of, IHSC Policies, Procedures, Directives, Operational.
- Memoranda and accreditation standards as prescribed by ICE/IHSC.
- Adheres to, and participates in, IHSC's Safety, Prevention, Infection and Control, Quality Improvement, Patient Education and other programs and collateral duties as appropriate to position.
- Other duties as assigned.